[yapc] miami cuban food

Kevin Meltzer perlguy at perlguy.com
Tue Jun 3 08:58:52 CDT 2003

Go to South Beach, walk up Collins Ave. and that area. Plenty of places
to eat, drink, etc... Right next to the beach, and if it is a warm day,
there will be much viewing pleasure. South Beach is a real hot spot for
Miami. Personally, I wouldn't go "walking around" Hialeah, but South
Beach is cool.

Cheers,
Kevin

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:14:09PM -0500, Gordon Pedersen (gordon at visi.com) said something similar to:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 01:12:36PM -0400, Haim Dimer wrote:
> > If you're serious about Cuban food, you need to go down to Miami.
> > Hialeah is the place you want to go. Only thing is, not a lot of
> > people speak english there.
>
> So tell me more, Haim.  I arrive about noon Sunday at Miami airport, was
> hoping to poke around somewhere in Miami before heading to Boca.  I'd
> love to eat at a Cuban place.  Is Hialeah a district, a street,...?
> How's a good way to get there from the airport?
>
> I love to walk and love to munch in unfamiliar cities, and places where
> there's a bunch of popular restaurants are usually interesting places
> for me to stroll, too.  Unless they're at a mall. (:
>

> -
> Gordon Pedersen       gordon at visi.com

[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
    "We all agree on the necessity of compromise.  We just can't agree on
     when it's necessary to compromise."
                --Larry Wall in  <1991Nov13.194420.28091 at netlabs.com>