[yapc] YAPC field trip to a sporting event

Christopher L. Everett ceverett at ceverett.com
Mon Jun 2 17:58:22 CDT 2003

Michel Rodriguez wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 07:19, R. Geoffrey Avery wrote:
>
>>On the last day of YAPC in Montreal and St. Louis I organized a baseball
>>BOF.  This year the closest major league baseball games
>>(http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/fla/schedule/fla_schedule_calendar.jsp?m=6&y=2003)
>>are the Florida Marlins hosting the New York Mets at 7:05pm each night
>>Monday - Thursday.  Then Tampa Bay arrives on Friday.
>>
>>But closer to the conference, and not to be found in most places, is Jai
>>Alai with the fastest ball in all of sports, clocking in at up to 180
>>mph.  Near the Ft. Lauderdale airport is the Dania Jai Alai Fronton
>>(http://www.dania-jai-alai.com/).  And Wednesday is 99 cent night.  So this
>>year it may be changed to:
>>
>>Jai Alai BOF
>>Wednesday
>>Games start at 7:15 but we can arrive earlier
>

> Jai-Alai ++
>
> Being half-Basque myself, and having never seen live Jai-Alai, I would
> love to go to a game.

Dinner at a good Cuban cantina first, then Jai Alai, then then
that good Afro Cuban Jazz, then cigars, and then the red-eye to
NY/LaGuardia!  Yeah, baby!

I'd call that a full evening.  Who wants (or needs) sleep when
they can have a night like that, hey?

--
Christopher L. Everett
Chief Technology Officer