[Yapc-na-organizers] Free conference passes for women

Joshua joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 08:31:46 PDT 2009

To me it feels a little like "ladies night" that bars have, but in
some ways it does seem like a good idea too:
http://jaoo.dk/aarhus-2009/women/

Depending on how the development community takes the JAOO offer,
could/should we consider something similar for YAPCs?

For those who don't want to click the link, it looks like the
conference is giving out free passes for a single day to women
technologists in order to encourage them to attend:

"There are not enough women in the IT industry, and almost none of
them rise to senior management level. The women in the IT company
Trifork A/S want to change that.

When Trifork A/S for the 13th time welcomes participants to JAOO
Aarhus, female software developers, project managers, IT architects
etc. get free access to one of the 3 conference days. A part of the
conference programme will be targeted towards those few women who are
in the IT industry."