[Yapc-na-organizers] Open master classes for public bid?

Daniel J. Wright Dan at DWright.Org
Wed Jul 2 12:48:48 PDT 2008

Hello,

  We've been discussing the possibility of making a public call for bids
for the YAPC "master classes".   What we would like is to create a
process where professional speakers would submit to us a proposal on
what they would like to present along with their fee structure.

  We would then consider all of the proposals and make selections in the
same manner that regular talks are considered for YAPC.

  Anybody see any issues with this approach?

Thanks,
-Dan