[Yapc-na-organizers] The Numbers

Richard Dice rdice at pobox.com
Wed Mar 21 11:09:32 PDT 2007

T-shirt numbers were a huge issue for me.  I ended up being about 50 shirts
short in Toronto in 2005.  I was really cautious (maybe paranoid?) about the
budget so I planned for the "expected case", and I had 50 more people show
up than I thought would. (The # who showed up was my "It will blow my mind
if this many people show up" case.)

Ordering 50 more shirts than you think you'll need will probably cost about
$250.  Which in the grand scheme of things isn't a big deal.  Selling extra
ones at the auction - it's a good thing!  They'll sell well (and for good $)
if you get "celebrities" at the conference to autograph them.

Cheers,
Richard