[Yapc-na-organizers] yapc-na update

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:51:49 PDT 2007

Just thought I'd update everyone on yapc progress.

The arrival dinner has been set for Cadillac Bar (6p-10p).  Menu voting has
commenced on the wiki -
http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2007/wiki?node=Sunday%20Night%20Dinner
We've reserved the Games Rooms at the University Center for Monday night,
8:45p - 11:45p.
Job Fair is set to be Tuesday, June 26th from 10:00a - 2:00p, in the World
Affairs Lounge.
Conference Banquet/Auction will be held at the UH Hilton Ballroom.  Meal
will likely be their 'Texas Barbecue' themed option.  There will also likely
be a Deep Fried Cajun Turkey, as per requested by Uri.
As of right now, the Speaker party will be held at Cullen Oaks, in and
outside of their community center (the student apartments that some of us
are staying at).  Nice grill setup!
Master classes post-yapc are being offerend by brian d foy and Randal
Schwartz.
We have secured a large, multipurpose room at Oberholtzer Hall for a 2-day
hackathon.
T-shirts have been ordered.
Swag bags have been ordered.

The attendance numbers are rather low at the moment, but we're working on
getting them as high as possible.

The only two speaker cancellations have been Damian Conway and David Golden.

I may have missed listing a few things, so if you think I've missed
something, please let me know.