[Yapc-na-organizers] Vendors area at YAPC::NA

Richard Dice rdice at pobox.com
Mon Apr 9 06:43:19 PDT 2007

At YAPC in Toronto, one of the book-donating publishers suggested I get in
touch with the U of T bookstore to see if they wanted to set up a book sales
table.  I did, and the bookstore person asked me how much?  I had nothing to
base it on, so I suggested $750.  A few weeks later they told me they
weren't interested.  I don't know if it was so much the price I suggested
(which I think I also made clear was open to negotiations, though really if
below $500 why would we bother with it?) as it was the nature & size of
YAPC::NA.

If you have a company that is aware of the size & nature of YAPC::NA and
given that approached you to get a table set up, go for it.  I think Jim's
suggestion of offering the same table price as is being offered for the job
fair is a good one.

The thought of "professional wear" for YAPC attendees is a strange one.  Do
they know how we dress?  Perhaps they stock tie-dye XXXL shirts for Uri. :-)

Cheers,
Richard