[Yapc-na-organizers] keynote speaker request etiquette

Joshua McAdams joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 17:39:29 PST 2006

> I'm about to try and nail down the keynote speakers and want to know if
> there is any certain etiquette about it.  I'll be contacting Larry (via
> Gloria) and Damian for sure.  I know that Bill is on this list and he did a
> keynote in Chicago, giving an update on TPF.  I'm pretty sure that we'll
> want to do it again for 2007, so Bill, if you have a preference for how
> you'd like to be asked, let me know ;-)

Larry and personal emails, even through Gloria, can be a little slow
in coming.  I ended up getting nervous and calling Larry when I didn't
hear from him or Gloria after a few weeks.  Of course, he expects that
he'll be a speaker at YAPC... we were really just calling to confirm
that the YAPC dates were good for him.  Regardless, his number is
pretty easy to look up in the white pages, but he does discourage
calling at wall.org