[WindyCity-pm] program terminated before database update is done due to Apache timeout

Joseph He joseph.he.2008 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 08:47:33 PST 2010

All, actually I don't know how to word my issue :)

Here is my problem: a cgi script is running and accepts a large file to
process, but when the data is big enough, the program terminated before it
completes database updating because Apache can timeout. It ends with bad
data in my DB.

The environment is Windows, Apache, Perl, MS SQL server. I wonder whether
there is a way to create a standalone process to work on database? or maybe
there is some other way to deal with this kind of problem?

Thank you.

Joe