[WindyCity-pm] [Chicago-talk] Time for a Perl Mongers meeting?

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Mon Sep 21 14:57:01 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 04:31:20PM -0500, brian d foy wrote:
> Chris Nandor is going to be in town on Wednesday night. How about we
> do beer and food that night instead of Tuesday? He's staying at the W
> Hotel, so something near there would be good. I told him that I would
> meet him at 6:30ish.

I won't be able to make it at that time, but I'm very interested in
brian's latest project.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, if anyone wants to give a 30 min
or so talk to some impressionable students related to the subect
of Network Protocols, I think that would be great.  See here for
some background on the class:

  <http://condor.depaul.edu/~jkristof/tdc375/>

A few of them are hungry for some basic coding exposure, most don't
have it, but they have a fairly decent grasp of TCP/IP (or should :-)
so anything that could help them become more useful netadmin or netsec
types would be of high value.

I would definitely open for a beer or two after class if anyone can
wait that long.

John