[WindyCity-pm] Which one to go with, PostgreSQL and mySQL?

Joseph He joseph.he.2008 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 09:36:05 PDT 2009

Good day.

My feeling is that compare with PostgreSQL, mySQL is widely supported and
deployed by Perl hackers. Correct me if I am wrong.

With the recent drama, mySQL will be part of Oracle, so far the single
'dangerous'  monopoly candidate in Database, which makes me have to consider
which one to go with for new development. I don't have any PostgreSQL
experience and I don't care much about the 'benchmark', my concern is among
Perl community, whether PostgreSQL is well supported as mySQL?

All advice is appreciated.

Joe