[WindyCity-pm] Looking for suggestions and referrals in my job search

Peter Jirak peter.jirak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:15:39 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am a senior software engineer with 10 years of industry experience.  I
have extensive experience developing in Perl, Object-Oriented Perl, C, and
using SQL.  I also have extensive UNIX development experience.  I have
developed software on UNIX for Solaris 2.7, 2.8, and 2.9.  I have developed
software on AIX 4.3 and on Linux.

I moved to New York in January of 2008 and started working at Goldman
Sachs.  I was laid off from Goldman in November as a part of a 10 % work
force reduction.  I am currently looking for a new job.  I have had a number
of interviews but no offers.

I have been looking for jobs in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Chicago,
Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland - Oregon, San Francisco, Atlanta, and
Phoenix.

I wanted to drop this list an email and see if any one had any suggestions.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any recruiters I should talk to, job
openings I should apply for, web sites I should check out, or people I
should talk to or network with to find a new position.

The URL for my resume is:

http://peter-jirak.blogspot.com/2009/01/resume-senior-software-engineer-object.html

The URL for my career summary:

http://peter-jirak.blogspot.com/2009/02/career-summary-senior-software-engineer.html

Please drop me a line if you have any suggestions.

Thanks, Sincerely,

Peter Jirak
Email: peter.jirak at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/peterjirak