[WindyCity-pm] Expect-style interaction between processes

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Fri Feb 27 13:21:52 PST 2009

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Knight, Brian wrote:

> Any pointers on Perl modules or methods that might help attach and detach
> these processes, or might help with the entire task?

My Expect fu is marginal, but in the past when it came up I used
Expect::Simple.  Also I've recently had success with using
Net::SFTP::Foreign, Net::OpenSSH, and IPC::Open3::Simple.  For a
nigh-complete list of IO capturing modules (although it probably isn't
what you're really looking for), see:

http://search.cpan.org/~dagolden/Capture-Tiny-0.04/lib/Capture/Tiny.pod#SEE_ALSO

Finally, I ran a quick search and came across this on Perlmonks,
which might be relevant:

   Module Net::SSH::Expect - Cannot interact
   http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=683629

-- Mike F.