[WindyCity-pm] In partial defense of no 'use strict'

Sean Blanton, Ph.D. sean at blanton.com
Wed Feb 25 08:34:17 PST 2009

In partial defense, the Perl stubs are not whole scripts and variable
declarations may be prepended later. So 'use strict' in the stub will always
cause lots of errors if you run a 'perl -c' on the stub. When editing the
stub by itself, it is still useful in to run 'perl -c' to catch other
errors.
OK, the header could have 'use strict'...

I always use strict in my normal code - saves time, plain and simple.

Sean