[WindyCity-pm] </chicago-pm-meeting>

Joshua McAdams joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:23:32 PST 2009

Whew, another Chicago.pm meeting is done.  From what I heard, this was
the best Chicago.pm meeting this month, so we have something to be
proud of!

We had two great presentations.  Kicking things off was Jon Rockway
with a talk about KiokuDB (http://www.iinteractive.com/kiokudb/) and
closing out the show was Sean Blanton with a talk about OpenMake
(http://www.openmakesoftware.com/) and how they use Perl (without
strict!) to drive massive build systems.

We also handed out a few books procured by Pete Krawczyk from the
folks at O'Reilly.  The books this time around were "Visualizing Data"
(http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596514556/) and "Intellectual Property
and Open Source" (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596517960).  Thanks
O'Reilly!

After the meeting we went down the block to Dick's Last Resort were we
had a few drinks on OpenMake (thanks Sean!) and were subjected to
music from what had to be the luckiest band ever... nobody who sounded
like that should ever get a gig :)  I guess that's what we get for
having a meeting on Mardi Gras, or as Pete calls it, Paczki Day.

That makes two great Chicago Perl meet-ups in a row this year.  Let's
keep the streak going.  Our next meeting is Tuesday March 24th and
will most likely be held at the Google offices again at 20 W Kinzie.
There are no topics yet, though it was mentioned that it was high time
for the chart-off to actually happen.  Also, there is rumor that
Steven Little, creator of Moose, will be on-hand next time around...
we can always hope.

Comments, criticisms, and suggestions welcome.  Please send them to
spam at example.com.

Josh