[WindyCity-pm] installing the same module twice

Whitney Jackson whjackson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:04:01 PST 2009

> Is there a FreeTDS module out there you can use for the MSSQL db rather
> than trying to have two different varieties sharing the same namespace?

This is the list of APIs freetds supports:  http://www.freetds.org/software.html

The only thing that looks like a possibility is DBD::ODBC on top of
unixODBC on top of freetds.  I could try using that solution for
everything that needs FreeTDS.  I don't have any experience with
unixODBC but I suppose it might work.

Alternatively, I could create DBD::FreeTDS by copying DBD::Sybase and
renaming everything appropriately.  That seems like a real pain though
and would of course need to be maintained over time.

Whitney