[WindyCity-pm] [Chicago-talk] Testing, and social meetings

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Thu Jun 26 11:50:54 PDT 2008

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Warren Lindsey wrote:

> Hopleaf is great but completely packed.  Somebody needs to make a
> reservation for a group our size.

They don't do reservations.  On a Tuesday night, especially since at
least some food would be ordered (I haven't had the mussels in a while)
we would get tables either in the back dining room or the upstairs bar.

But does anyone else have a problem with cruising so far north on a
weeknight?  (Pete?)  I live in walking distance to the Hopleaf, so I'm
biased.  Map Room is also a good possibility and equally off the L (both
it and Hopleaf require hiking a few blocks from a station, although for
Hopleaf, you can take the Clark bus, either from downtown or Addison,
and getting off at Foster will put you at its doorstep.)  But apparently
The Map Room don't have food except on Tuesdays, when the food is
catered and free, and apparently the place gets crowded as a result.

-- Mike F.