[WindyCity-pm] Octoberfest social meeting!

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Sat Oct 13 11:02:22 PDT 2007

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007, brian d foy wrote:

> Mike Fragassi has threatened to organize an Octoberfest social
> meeting, but it's already halfway through October.

I was just thnking about that, but I figured everybody was in Pittsburgh
right now, and might be a little conference-lagged next week.

> Anyone interested in finding a good German restaurant or pub for a
> casual PM get together? I figure the main attraction will be German
> beer, so someone besides me would need to suggest where that might be
> found. Anything worthy in Lincoln Park?

Resi's Bierstube is the place.

   http://www.chicagobarproject.com/Reviews/Resi's/Resi's.htm

3 blocks west of the Irving Park brown line stop, or one block west of
Damen.

Another 2 blocks to the west is Laschet's:

   http://www.chicagobarproject.com/Reviews/Laschet's/Laschet's.htm

Neither are Lincoln Park; the German roots in that area have been
thoroughly expunged.  But North Center's not too far.

There's also the Chicago Brauhaus (not a bar, a restaurant with a
German band), Huttenbar (now seen as hip, and thus packed), Carola's
Hamsa Clipper (a tiny dive, no food), Mirabell (more out of the way than
the others), and Glunz ($$).

-- Mike F.