[WindyCity-pm] Chicago networking calendars

brian d foy brian.d.foy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 04:23:14 PST 2007

This turned up in my blog search for my name (yes, I'm interested in
who's talking about me :). It's perhaps uglier than any site I create,
but it's an "anti-networking" networking site that lists tech events.
Here's the link to get you close to Chicago:

http://calendars.techvenue.com/cgi-bin/techvenue.pl?CalendarName=USMidwest

For most of us, the calendar might not be all that useful. However, if
we start putting the Perl events on it, other people will see them.
Public events with no admission fee are free to post, although there
is a lag time as a human checks those events.

It also looks like there is a Match.com style networking /recruitment
tool where you can search for people with general skills ("sales",
"IT") under certain categories ("Unemployed"). I'd be curious to hear
if those of you responsible for hiring think that is useful.

Also, does anyone use something similar for Chicago events, even if
it's not technology focussed? Mike Fragassi is often talking about
Gaper's Block (http://www.gapersblock.com/), for instance. I'm
wondering where else people might look.

--
brian d foy <brian.d.foy at gmail.com>