PRIORITY POSTE

S.SHORES sand22 at financier.com
Sun Oct 13 12:36:13 CDT 2002

13/10/2002

Bulawayo, REPUBLIC OF ZIMBABWE

Dear friend,

It is with delight that I humbly send you this electronic mail, or 'e-mail' as I once heard someone refer to this most modern of correspondence method. This is a proposal in context but actually an appeal soliciting for your unreserved assistance in consummating an urgent transaction requiring maximum confidence. Though this approach appears desperate, I can assure you that whatever questions you would need to ask or any other thing you will need to know regarding this proposal will be adequately answered to give you a clearer understanding of it, so as to arrive at a successful conclusion.

 My name is  Mrs. Sandra A. Shores,  credit Officer with the Standard Chartered Bank Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. On December 6, 1999, a foreign contractor with the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission, Mr Thierry COSBAN, made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$30,000,000.00, (Thirty Million, United States Dollars) in my branch. Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, I sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission , that Mr. Cosban died from an automobile accident . On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a will, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Cosban did not declare any next of kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in our Bank. I have carefully moved out these funds (US$30million) to our correspondent  financial institution  in the European Union officially as  sundry funds.

>From past experiences, I know that no one will ever come forward to claim the funds. According to Zimbabwe law, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, the funds will be unclaimable and revert to ownership of the Zimbabwe government if nobody applies to claim the fund. In order to avert this negative development, I in conjunction with a colleague  in the bank now seek your permission to allow my attorney do a backdated REASSIGNMENT OF CREDIT of stated funds from the "deceased" to your name, so that the funds (US$30million) would be released to you as the new owner (on behalf of me and my colleague). We are writing you because, as public servants , we cannot operate a foreign account or have an account that is more than Zw$500,000. Consequently, I will present you as the owner of the funds , so you can be able to claim them with the help of my attorney. This is simple. I will like you to provide immediately your: FULL NAMES/FULL CONTACT ADDRESS/PHONE/FAX NUMBERS , so that my Attorney will prepare the necessary documents which will put you in place as the new owner of the funds. The money will then be released to your custody by our UK bankers  for us to share in the ratio of 70% for us and 30% for you. There is no risk at all as all the paperwork for this transaction will be done by the Attorney and this will guarantees the successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested, please reply immediately via my email address. Upon your positive response, I shall  call you and  provide you with  further explanation that will help you understand the transaction.

No doubt this proposal will make you apprehensive, please we imploy you to observe utmost confidentiality and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because we shall require your assistance to invest our share in your country.(Buying of properties like houses, hotels etc) This is why your urgent action and response is of priority to enable us conclude this transaction in a timely and professional manner. Awaiting your urgent reply via my email.

Thanks and regards.

Mrs. SANDRA ANITA SHORES
Credit Officer
Standard Chartered