[Wellington-pm] IDEs round-the-room

Sam Crawley sam at crawley.nz
Sun Jun 25 14:00:44 PDT 2017

Another vote for Eclipse + EPIC.

I don't actually use many of the "big" IDE features (e.g. debugger), but a
few of the smaller ones I find invaluable. Syntax checking is a big one
(although there can be some limitations if you have a complex library
setup), as well as making it easy to navigation through large projects. I
know vim and others *can* be set up to do this, but Eclipse does it all by
default, plus I'm used to it.

Never really had performance issues with it (on Linux).

Sam.