[Wellington-pm] Wellington Perl Mongers 2017

Douglas Bagnall douglas at halo.gen.nz
Fri Feb 10 01:46:39 PST 2017

Lenz is completely right:

> [...] you certainly have set a gold standard here, thanks for that.

Wellington Perl Mongers meetings are the best run and most peculiarly
interesting programming language meetings I have come across.

For many years I spent more time attending Wellington PM meetings than
actually writing perl. But now I that occasionally do deal with the
language my time is too squeezed to get to many meetings.

Grant wrote:
>> Are any of you keen to come along but have other commitments that clash?
>> The schedule can be changed.  Would you be more or less likely to attend
>> if meetings were every two months?

There seems to be a trend around town for technical talks at lunchtime, which
presumably makes it easier for people to attend.  I can't see how they have
time to drink all the beer.

>> Will you be volunteering to talk this year?  If so, what about?  If not,
>> why not?

I could talk at some point about how Samba uses PIDL in Perl to generate
Python bindings in C, and how having three different languages for this is
actually a really good thing that minimises confusion.

Douglas