[Wellington-pm] Roundup of last night's meeting,

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Wed Aug 12 03:34:57 PDT 2015

Hi Mongers

Thanks to everyone who came along and contributed to the various debates
and inquisitions last night - I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting.

Notes for Peter:

1. Don't use XML::Simple

2. If you insist on ignoring '1', be sure to enable XML::Simple's
   "strict mode" as described here:

   This would have alerted you to the need to define ForceArray.

3. Using XML::LibXML would give you fewer surprises.  It is easily
   installed on Ubuntu/Debian with:

     apt-get install libxml-libxml-perl

4. The XML::LibXML documentation is not great, but this article should
   help you convert code from XML::Simple to XML::LibXML:

5. You might also want to look at an XPath tutorial, e.g.:

     http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XPathTutorial/General/examples.html

The slides from my Postgres history triggers talk are up on the web site
(complete with bugs) here:

    http://wellington.pm.org/archive

The final slide includes a link to resources.zip which includes all you
need to set up the simple DB that I described, and try out the triggers.

Thanks Richard for your interesting presentation (and also for
requesting the other talk).  I think you're going to have to come up
with a name for your project and feel sure the group can come up with
suggestions.  Here's some to get the ball rolling:

 * credcheck
 * nbad (the "Nothing But Auth" daemon)
 * bbad (Bare Bones Authentication Daemon)
 * authify
 * ics (Isolated Credentials Store)
 * adwan (authentication daemon without a name)

The next meeting will be on September the 8th - let me know if you'dlike
to do a talk.

Regards