[Wellington-pm] Simple Slide Thingy

Andrew Chilton andychilton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:11:05 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

In lieu of all the comments from people talking about how they
generate slides, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in me
making some code available that I used in a slideshow back in January.
I was just messing around with HTML5 (some new tags), CSS3 (gradients,
shadows and OMG rounded corners!) and jQuery at the time.

Basically, it's just one file which has a <section> for each slide.
The normal keypresses work (Space, Return, PgUp, PgDn, Backspace,
RightArrow, LeftArrow). You can also press UpArrow to show the
contents slide, then DownArrow to go back to the slide you were on.

Directory structure

* index.html - contains all your slides
* some css files for reset and styles
* jQuery (whatever version)
* a jQuery plugin (hack) which I called 'slideshow'
* and no images

An example of a slideshow is here:

* http://cdn.appsattic.com/slides/20110110/index.html

If there are any takers I'll put it on GitHub or Gitorious.

Cheers,
Andy

--
contact: Andrew Chilton