[Wellington-pm] Round-up of last night's meeting

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue Jun 14 18:47:41 PDT 2011

Hi Mongers

I think we can all agree that Donovan did a great job on preparing and
hosting last night's quiz - thanks Donovan! (And thanks Anna for putting
together the score sheets).

It was also good to hear Martyn volunteer to do the job next year -
we're all looking forward to it already.

Congratulations to the winning team "The Bobs" who demonstrated a
near-encyclopaedic knowledge of Open Source personalities, licenses,
dead programming languages and obscure numbers (but showed an
embarrassing lack of networking knowledge).

For posterity, the results from last night ...

The Bobs - 47pts
* Andy Chilton
* Chris Cormack
* François Marier
* Michael Hudson

Old Ladies from Picton - 44pts
* Grant McLean
* Martyn Smith
* Matt Hunt
* Nigel McNie

Team Leftfield - 39pts
* Lee Begg
* Matthew Gray
* Richard Hector
* Richard Mansfield

Team Cabbage - 37 Pts
* Brett Wilkins
* Heiko Wanning
* Hugh Davenport
* Garth Williamson

The next meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers is 4 weeks away on the 12th
of July.  Matthew Gray is lined up to talk about Aspect Oriented
Programming and I think Lenz Gschwendtner is also lined up to talk about
the tech behind iwantmyname.com (right Lenz?)

See you there.