[Wellington-pm] Lighning Talk Meeting in two weeks

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Mon Jan 31 01:19:32 PST 2011

Hi Mongers

I've just come back from an extended Christmas/New-Year break to
discover that Ignite Wellington have stolen our night!  If you haven't
been to an Ignite event before then I recommend you go along on Tuesday
the 8th.  More details here:

  http://www.ignitewellington.co.nz/2010/12/ignite-wellington-3.html

Rather than try to compete with the Ignite event (and potentially steal
half their audience) I think the sensible thing for us to do is delay
our Lightning Talk meeting by one week and hold it on February 15th.

Of course the good news is that this gives everyone an extra week to
prepare their talk.

So to remind you all - our Lightning Talk meeting is a series of short
talks (5 minutes max).  We need lots of people to sign up to do a talk.
You are one of those people.  Don't worry if your topic is not
particularly Perl-related.  You also don't have to restrict yourself to
1 talk - sign up early and often.  More details here:

  http://wellington.pm.org/lightning_talks.html

Email me to book a slot.

See you on the 15th.