[Wellington-pm] Meeting tonight!

Nigel McNie nigel at mcnie.name
Tue Aug 9 08:44:39 PDT 2011

I've written a followup to the talk, which includes links to the slides and
my notes.

http://nigel.mcnie.name/blog/continuous-deployment-a-better-software-deployment-strategy

Almost not sure if slides were so useful - I think we could have had just as
interesting a conversation if I'd have simply stood up and said "deploying
every commit is the best speed to work at" and sat down again :).

Thanks everyone,
Nigel

On 9 August 2011 10:05, Grant McLean <grant at mclean.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi Mongers
>
> The August meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers is tonight at 6:00pm at
> Catalyst.  We'll be meeting on level 7 unless I change my mind - look
> for the signs.
>
>    6:00pm Tuesday 9 August 2011
>    Level 7, Catalyst House
>    150 Willis Street
>    Wellington
>    http://wellington.pm.org/
>
> We have two speakers tonight:
>
> Nigel McNie is going to talk about Continuous Deployment.  It's about
> deployment strategies and his experiences - it's not Perl-specific.
>
> Martyn Smith is going to talk about something else.  Who knows what?
> Certainly not me.  Come along and find out.
>
> Other News
> ==========
>
> Issue 2 of the new Perl Weekly is out:
>
>  http://perlweekly.com/archive/2.html
>

> The future of Perl 5 - Jesse Vincent (Perl 5 Pumpking) has published the
> slides from his OSCON talk:
>
>  http://perlbuzz.com/2011/08/the-future-of-perl-5.html
>  http://www.slideshare.net/obrajesse/oscon-2011-perl-516-and-beyond
>
> Regards