[Wellington-pm] How much perl is out there?

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Sun May 30 14:55:50 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 09:49 +1200, Lenz Gschwendtner wrote:
> actually ... simply reading "higher order perl" helps looking down
> that track quite a bit as well ... perl can be used in a quite
> functional way (as in functional programming).

Yeah that's a great book - which we have in the Wellington.pm library.

And of course 'the other' programming paradigm which I omitted to
mention was declarative (ala Prolog).  Once again Perl has incorporated
elements of this style too with regular expressions being a core part of
the language.  Perl 6 junctions move further in that direction.  And of
course many Perl programs include chunks of SQL which is very much a
declarative language.