[Wellington-pm] How much perl is out there?

Andrew Chilton andychilton at gmail.com
Sat May 29 04:34:52 PDT 2010

Hi Dale,

On 29 May 2010 23:24, Grant McLean <grant at mclean.net.nz> wrote:
> We use Perl for all sorts of application development.  Much of it with a
> strong leaning towards web technologies, but Perl is and always has been
> a great glue language for integrating disparate systems.

Might I add to this also. Not only do we use it for many projects at
work (I work at the same place as Grant), I also find it is the
language to go to (personal experience) for pretty much all of my own
command line tools too, whether they be 100 lines long or thousands of
lines long. And the odd one liner too.

As always, Perl is probably used more than what is under-represented
in all those new funky surveys people tend to see these days. I almost
want to change that classical T-Shirt "Open Source runs your business"
to "Perl runs your business". :)

Andy

--
contact: Andrew Chilton