[Wellington-pm] How much perl is out there?

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Sat May 29 04:24:20 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 19:44 +1200, dale.durose wrote:
> Hello Mongers
>
> I have a question is perl still being used commonly in the new zealand
> IT industry? I know in the past it was used for most web applications.
> So i imagine its holding strong with the system administrators out there?

That's a tough question to answer.  I can really only speak from my own
experience and say that it's very common for people at my place of work
to use Perl.  However there's nothing terribly typical about my place of
work so take that with a grain of salt :-)

We use Perl for all sorts of application development.  Much of it with a
strong leaning towards web technologies, but Perl is and always has been
a great glue language for integrating disparate systems.