[Wellington-pm] How much perl is out there?

Nick Dunlop nick at dunlopia.com
Sat May 29 02:24:31 PDT 2010

I suspect there is a lot of it sitting in the background. In my role looking
after Redhat Linux systems for a govt agency we have a lot of it in the form
of utility scripts around system administration. Esp for backup related
stuff.

I also tend to use it a lot for quick and dirty adhoc scripts for munging
data - because i'm more comfortable with it than shell scripting and its
easier than writing stuff in java. Although I have been using python and
groovy a bit recently..