[Wellington-pm] Connecting to Perl repository

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Wed May 5 14:21:07 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 09:06 +1200, Dan Horne wrote:
> Hi all
>
> for the last few weeks, I've been having problems connecting to
> cpan.catalyst.net.nz. I figured it must be a firewall problem with FTP
> (perhaps active v passive problems), and switched to a different
> repository in the CPAN shell.

I usually use the HTTP version rather than the FTP one to avoid teh
active/passive issues.

> However, I just tried downloading a module via the download link on
> http://search.cpan.org. In the end, it timed out with "Firefox can't
> establish a connection to the server at cpan.catalyst.net.nz."  Are
> there problems with the repository that i should be aware of?

I'm not aware of any problems.  Obviously it's working for us here at
Catalyst, but I use it from home on my Orcon connection and it was
working fine on Tuesday evening when I installed a few modules.

Can you perhaps do a tcptraceroute to see where things are going wrong?