[Wellington-pm] perl -f check failed

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Wed Jul 21 15:07:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 16:15 +1200, Sam Crawley wrote:
> Are you absolutely sure there are no other processes running something
> on the filesystem that could somehow affect these files? As you've
> already done a fair bit of investigation, it's likely to be something
> quite strange, so don't rule anything out.

Thanks Sam, Grant, Jacinta, Richard,

You're right - it *was* a race condition... :-/

I had discounted that from being a possibility on the basis of the
script having locking to prevent multiple instances as well the logging
showing only one script.

However I took another look at the server and discovered that there was
infact another variation of the script on server with separate logs and
lock files but sharing the same file directory enabling the situation to
happen.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try to get along to the next meeting to
say hi. :-)

regards,
jethro

--