[Wellington-pm] Submit your talk to the Open Programming Languages Mini-conf, LCA2010

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Oct 18 03:33:56 PDT 2009

G'day folk,

So far the only Perl proposal the Open Programming Languages Mini-conf has
received has been Grant's.  I know that Paul and I clearly need to get our acts
into gear, but perhaps you'd like to submit something too!

Our CFP can be found here: http://blogs.tucs.org.au/oplm/cfp/ and we've extended
the deadline until this Friday 23rd October.

Please submit.

If you want help putting together a proposal, send it through to this list and
we can talk ideas, wording etc.  Ideas I'd be very happy to see:

* A tour of CPAN (my [your] favourite 10 modules)
* Your Perl build chain to make it easy to install your application
* An introduction to [your favourite module]
* How to create [something cool] in [some small number] lines of Perl.  (for
example 2-d barcodes)
* How Perl made [hard problem] easy.

As things stand right now, we have more PHP talks than all non-PHP talks
combined, this can't be right.  Please submit more Perl talks!

All the best,