[Wellington-pm] Lightning Talks Next Week

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Mon Mar 2 19:44:50 PST 2009

Hi Mongers

First let me say thanks to Marcus for an interesting talk last week.
February turned out to be a busy month for us with visitors from
Australia and Germany.  Which means that our regularly scheduled March
meeting seems to have come around very quickly.

The 10th of March is next Tuesday and that's the night of our annual
Lightning Talk meeting.  It's a chance for everyone to be involved and
"everyone" includes *you*.

 * Instead of our usual schedule with 1-2 long talks, the March meeting
   will comprise a dozen or so 5 minute talks

 * Speakers will need to sign up in advance (just email the talk topic
   to me)

 * Don't imagine your talk needs to be about Perl - we're broad minded
   folk with wide-ranging interests - so just make it interesting

 * There are more details on the Lightning Talk page on the web site:

   http://wellington.pm.org/lightning_talks.html

The registrations are looking pretty thin right now so please don't
leave it to everyone else - we need YOU.

So read that web page, choose your topic and sign up (email me) now!