[Wellington-pm] What did you forget to say last night

Donovan Jones hta.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:47:04 PDT 2008

 The main thing I missed out was a demonstration of the tools showinghow
they interacted with each other using SQS as the form of

> communication between them. If you want to see the programs, check out
> the examples/ directory in the repository for AwsSum.

Where is the repo?

> If you just want to see an example of the gallery, see
> http://gallery.kapiti.geek.nz/index.html . This also shows a
> demonstration of serving files straight from S3 - it's a CNAME
> straight to s3.amazonaws.com which (to prove it is really true) you
> can also browse from here
> http://gallery.kapiti.geek.nz.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html.

Nice photos

> Thanks for a good evening as always Grant.

Yea thanks Grant, a good night as usual.

For my talk I had to rush over the actual examples a bit, the take home
message was that NetAddr::IP is great for splitting and aggregating
netblocks and that ipclalc is a nice little tool for getting subnet info
including the binary representation.
IPcalc[1] is perl but the actual code is a bit crufty and it doesn't use any
modules for subnet manipulation. For some exaples of other stuff you can do
with NetAddr::IP written by its author see [2].

[1] http://jodies.de/ipcalc
[2] http://mipagina.cantv.net/lem/perl/iptut.html

Donovan