[Wellington-pm] Meeting Next Tuesday - Nov 13

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Mon Nov 5 12:35:23 PST 2007

Hi Mongers

The October meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers is next Tuesday (November
13th) at the usual place and time:

    6:00pm Tuesday 13 November 2007
    Level 2, The building formerly known as Eagle Technology House
    150 Willis Street
    Wellington
    http://wellington.pm.org/

Continuing on from last month's multi-threading/processing theme, Srdjan
Jankovic is going to tell us about his experiences using Perl threads
and Lenz Gschwendtner is going to tell us about his experiences with the
good and bad sides of forking.

On a completely unrelated note, I thought I'd cover Perl's taint mode.
For the uninitiated, this is a core feature of Perl for improving the
security of your programs.

At the risk of being confusing, I'll also remind you that the Wellington
Postgres User Group are meeting at 6:00 *tonight* at Catalyst.

  http://www.pgug.org.nz/

So that's Postgres this week and Perl next week.

See you there.