[Wellington-pm] Happy New Year Mongers

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Sun Jan 14 17:14:40 PST 2007

Hello Wellington.pm

I hope you all enjoyed a bit of a break over the Christmas/New Year
period - I know I did.

The first Wellington Perl Mongers Meeting of 2007 will be on Tuesday
February 13th.  We have had two previous lightning talk meetings and the
format has been very popular.  The idea is that rather than having a
couple of speakers talk for 30-40 minutes each, we have 10 or more
speakers talking for 5 minutes each.

So what we need now is 10 or more people to 'sign up' to give one or
more lightning talks.  This is an especially good opportunity for people
who have never given a talk before.  If you're interested, send me an
email to book a slot.  There are more details and ideas on the web site:

  http://wellington.pm.org/lightning_talks.html

On a completely different subject...

If you're registered on the Old Friends web site, you can wear your
Wellington.PM affiliation as a badge of pride via this link:

  http://www.oldfriends.co.nz/Institution.aspx?id=248948

Regards