[Wellington-pm] Urgent call for lightning talks

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Sun Feb 4 14:56:34 PST 2007

Hi Mongers

The first Wellington Perl Mongers meeting of 2007 is scheduled for
*next Tuesday*.

It's a lightning talk meeting.  Details here:

  http://wellington.pm.org/lightning_talks.html

We urgently need people to 'sign up' to give a 5 minute talk.  If we
don't get significantly more talks lined up, then the meeting will be
cancelled.

If you have never given a talk at Wellington.PM then this is the
opportunity you've been waiting for.  It's only 5 minutes and is
unlikely to be fatal.

There are plenty of ideas at the link above, but if you're really unable
to choose, then why not select a random CPAN module and talk about that.
Try installing it, using it, googling for it, modifying it, etc.  Tell
us what worked, what didn't, why it sucks/rocks etc.  Here's a link to
help you make a random selection:

  http://wellington.pm.org/bin/cpan_roulette.cgi

But that's just one possibility.  You could also have a quick look
through your scripts directory and tell us about some of the gems you
have there.

Or you could talk about one of the books in the extensive Wellington.PM
library (like that one you've been holding onto since last year).

The most important thing is, you must book a slot, by dropping me an
email:

  mailto:perlmongers at catalyst.net.nz

I look forward to the flood of replies.

Regards