[Wellington-pm] Presentations next month.

michael at diaspora.gen.nz michael at diaspora.gen.nz
Tue May 30 18:24:38 PDT 2006

I went through the page at http://wellington.pm.org/archive/index.html,
and extracted the names of past presenters.  After cleaning up some
duplicates courtesy of mis-spellings, we end up with the following list,
counted.

I think it's clear that others need to step up to the plate, or that we
should rename ourselves the Grant McLean Fan Club :).

(Unfortunately, I can't help, as I really really don't have the time
this month.  And I presented last month.  So there.  Maybe next month,
if I can think of anything.)

    -- michael.

The list:

19       Grant McLean
8        Sam Vilain
6        Michael Robinson
4        Finlay Thompson
3        Geoff Cant
2        Peter Love
2        Srdjan Jankovic
1        Finaly Thompson
1        Dan Morrison
1        Dave Moskovitz
1        Douglas Bagnall
1        Simon Green
1        Andrew MacMillan
1        Ewen McNeill
1        Don Christie
1        Martin Langhoff
1        Matt Hunt
1        Andrew McMillan
1        Steve Baker
1        Stephen Judd
1        Andrew Ruthven
1        Leslie Walker
1        Peter Kelly

And the code:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use LWP::Simple;
use strict;
my $str = get('http://wellington.pm.org/archive/');
my %presenters;
while ($str =~ m{
                ^ \s*    # start of line, with optional whitespace
                \s*
                (\S+)    # CAPTURED: first name
                [ \t]+   # whitespace, but not a newline
                (\S+)    # CAPTURED: last name
                \s*
                \s* $    # end of line
                }xmsg)
{
    next if $1 eq "<a";
    $presenters{"$1 $2"} ++;
}

print   join "\n",
        map { "$presenters{$_}\t$_" }
        sort { $presenters{$b} <=> $presenters{$a} }
        keys %presenters;

print   "\n";