[Wellington-pm] Reminder: meeting tonight

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue May 9 14:33:12 PDT 2006

Hi Mongers

Well it looks like the mailing list has started delivering messages
again.  Apologies if anyone missed the meeting because the reminder was
delayed (but really you ought to just mark your calendar :-))

Thanks to both our speakers for interesting presentations.  Michael if
you want to send me your slides I'll put them up on the web site
(perhaps without the footnotes).

For Win32 CPAN users, here's a link with details of alternative PPM
repositories and the download URL for the free 'nmake' utility:

  http://perl-xml.sourceforge.net/faq/#win32_expat

We need a volunteer or two to speak at next month's meeting.  I thought
I might put together an introduction to Test-Driven Development with
Perl.  Other volunteers or suggestions are welcome.

On an administrative note, it looks like we need to institute policy for
deciding the order of speakers in the infrequent case where there is
competition for a particular slot.  I suggest that from now on the rule
is: the person who was first to volunteer gets to chose whether they
speak first or second.  If I'd thought of that rule last night, then
Michael would have got the first slot.

The date for the next meeting is the 13th of June.

Regards
Grant