[Wellington-pm] Problems with HTTPS through LWP.

Ewen McNeill ewen at naos.co.nz
Mon Jun 19 19:43:35 PDT 2006

In message <E1FsSPV-0007qX-00 at israel.diaspora.gen.nz>, michael at diaspora.gen.nz w
rites:
>I have the following (minimal) program, which is giving me errors: [...]
>    my $url = 'https://www.telstraclear.co.nz/usagemeter/index.cfm';

BTW, assuming you're trying to do what I think you are, you may be interested
in:

http://volker.dnsalias.net/soft/script/telstracabletraffic

which is a bash script to download/process the new TelstraClear traffic
information (CSV) that was announced on the nzlug list.

Although obviously it'd be nice if Perl's fetching of HTTPS pages worked
sensibly too.  (I've typically used SSL::SSLeay in the past, rather than
WWW::Mechanize.)

Ewen