[Wellington-pm] POD: start new line here

Ewen McNeill ewen at naos.co.nz
Mon Jun 19 19:15:54 PDT 2006

Hi,

Is there a way to tell a POD formatter to start a new line at some point
in a paragraph?  Something equivilent to <br> in HTML.  I can't
obviously see anything in the perlpod documentation, but I thought I'd
ask in case someone else knew.

I'm aware that I can indent the paragraph by a space to have it
unformatted but, well, that results in it being indented a space (eg, in
the perldoc output to a terminal with a fixed width font).  Which looks
a little odd for a two-line paragraph all by itself.  Or I could leave
a blank line between the relevant two lines but that's also a little
undesirable for this usage (but is what I'm doing for now).

Assume for the purposes of discussion that the relevant lines are
sufficiently short that they'll fit on a line by themselves in most POD
output formats.

Thanks,

Ewen