[Wellington-pm] Problems with HTTPS through LWP.

michael at diaspora.gen.nz michael at diaspora.gen.nz
Mon Jun 19 19:15:40 PDT 2006

Grant McLean writes:
>I do get the same errors as you and yet the same code will happily
>download pages from other SSL sites.  I note that the telstraclear site
>is IIS but other IIS sites like kiwibank seem to be accessible.  Perhaps
>it's something weird in the SSL negotiation phase

Or in the tear-down.  Good to know that others are getting the same
problem; helps to prove it's not just firewalls or something like that.

I'll have to have a look with ltrace or strace to see if I can see
anything in there.

>Interestingly, the code snippet in the synopsis of the Net::SSLeay
>documentation does seem to work:

Unfortunately, that's not what WWW::Mechanize wants to use, which is
how all this started.
    -- michael.