[Wellington-pm] Roundup of last night's meeting

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue Aug 8 17:28:32 PDT 2006

Hi Mongers

Well it seems that the fact that Sam was unable to appear last night did
negatively affect the turnout - the fan base was clearly devastated.

However, a faithful few did turn up and were treated to the first of
many talks by Brenda as well as a Ruby/Rails presentation that showed
definite signs of having been thrown together in a hurry :-)

For what it's worth, the Ruby slides are up on the web site:

  http://wellington.pm.org/archive/

(see the PS below if you were there)

Billy has kindly offered to talk about his 'Compost' system for CGI
scripts next month.  There's still room in the schedule for one more
volunteer - get in early to be sure you don't miss out!

See you next month.
Grant

P.S. The archived version of the presentation includes a fix for the
     'double trouble' slide and I now understand why my attempt to do
     this with the Fixnum class was unsuccessful.  The following irb
     log gives a hint...

$ irb
irb(main):001:0> x = 7
=> 7