[Wellington-pm] Meeting Next Month

Sam Vilain sam at vilain.net
Sun Sep 4 15:44:04 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 08:21 +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> If you're going to cover these then you should probably give some time
> to Git as well.  It looks likely to me that Catalyst will be choosing
> Git for projects that suit distributed revision control for the future.
> Now that we have a reliable CVS -> Git conversion it is possible that we
> may switch entirely to Git.

Great.  Because I can mirror and commit to Git repositories with
SVK!  :)

Well, in theory, anyway.  I still haven't tried that.  Of course CVS to
Subversion migration is turn-key, but doesn't do the funky merge
detection stuff that Martin's migration script does.

If the Jury's out on SVK vs Git, they might well come back with a
verdict of complete ambivalence.

Maybe we should just scrap the TBA section on arch and get Martin to
talk about Git instead?

Sam.