[Wellington-pm] When "use strict" gets taken too literally

katrina@catalyst.net.nz katrina at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jun 22 02:16:34 PDT 2005

Thank you Jacinta,

As an (albeit very occasional) attender of Wellington perlmongers I
started writing a strident response to this, but in the end didn't do it.
Put it down to sexism fatigue.

> A fair comment.  I wouldn't normally forward porn to the list, but heck
> this *is*
> two girls (geeks, I'd assumed) spanking each other with the Third Edition
> of
> _Programming Perl_, after all.

What! You posted kiddie porn? It goes from bad to worse. They looked over
16 to me.

> Perhaps we can have some volunteers for males posing with their copies of
> _Programming Perl_ in suggestive positions?  I'll bring the camera,
> leotards and
> whipped cream.

If only women thought exactly like men. Sam, you have missed the point.

You might try the Catalyst jokes list where this would be, only
marginally, more acceptable.

Katrina