[Wellington-pm] Meeting Next Month

Andrew McMillan andrew at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Aug 25 13:21:07 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 21:39 +1200, Grant McLean wrote:

> And here's the plan again in chronological order:
>
> September 12th:
>  * Peter Kelly - An Introduction to CVS
>  * Grant McLean - What I did on my Holidays (OSCON 2005)
>
> October 10th:
>  * Grant McLean - Subversion
>  * Sam Vilain - SVK (and maybe hint of SVL)
>  * Geoff Cant - Darcs
>  * TBA - Arch

If you're going to cover these then you should probably give some time
to Git as well.  It looks likely to me that Catalyst will be choosing
Git for projects that suit distributed revision control for the future.
Now that we have a reliable CVS -> Git conversion it is possible that we
may switch entirely to Git.

Martin, Penny and Patrick are using Arch extensively at the moment to
help them keep their Moodle tree synced up with the CVS version, but
Martin is definitely looking to switch that to Git in the fairly short
term (if he hasn't already).  He's probably the best person at Catalyst
to speak on either Arch (tla) or Git.

I've tried Subversion, Monotone, Darcs, TLA and a little bit of Git
myself.

Cheers,
					Andrew.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
            Where are they now? http://schoolreunions.co.nz/