[Wellington-pm] Notes from last night's meeting

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue Sep 14 17:02:01 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 09:14, Peter Love wrote:
>  >     * PHP (compared to Perl?)  (Peter, did the link cover this?)
>
> It'll keep me happy for a while, so unless anyone else wants a Perl/PHP
> comparison, strike it off the list.
>
> >     * Regular expressions
> >     * IDE's for Perl development
> >     * GUI programming
> >     * References and OO
>
> Of the rest, if we're overwhelmed with presentation volunteers, I'd vote
> for IDEs and GUI ahead of the others,

I'd also like to point out that there is absolutely no requirement
that presenters be experts on the chosen subject.  I have found
more than once that volunteering to present on a subject I know
little about has been an excellent motivation to learn.  If anyone
wants to take on one of the intermediate topics like regexes,
references or OO, then I'd be more than happy to assist with the
preparation in a mentoring role.  Like many things in life, the
more you put in the more you stand to get out.