[Wellington-pm] GUI regex thingy

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Mon Oct 11 18:08:19 CDT 2004

Some of you may recall that I promised to demo a GUI regex
test thingy - as long as someone reminded me at the end.
Well nobody reminded me did they :-)

I've attached a screenshot showing how you can put in some
test data and a regular expression and the script will tell
you if it matched and if so what matched.

You can download the script from here:

  http://use.perl.org/~BooK/journal/21278

It requires the Tk gui modules.  I'm pretty sure that's
included in the standard ActivePerl distribution for Windows.
On my Debian Linux box I needed to do:

apt-get install perl-tk

No doubt other distributions have a similar package available.